Here's what you can do if you received the Save File Corruption message in Against the Storm.
How save files and backups work
The game's save may get corrupted as a result of:
- the game shutting down unexpectedly,
- the launcher (Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store) shutting down unexpectedly,
- quitting the game with Alt+F4,
- manually modifying the save file,
- and other situations that prevent the save file from being created and uploaded to the cloud.
Against the Storm keeps separate save files for various layers of the game:
- Current Settlement Save - the progress of your last settlement
- World Map Save - the progress of the current cycle on the World Map
- Meta Progress Save - your experience, level, Citadel Resources, Deeds, etc.
- Profile List - names and access to your profiles
The game creates backups for each save file.
How to resolve the issue
If you encountered an issue with the corrupted save file, please follow the steps below:
- Check which file got corrupted (it's indicated in the first sentence):
- Click on USE BACKUP - it will try to load the backup of the file.
- If the corrupted file is "Current Settlement Save", click on DELETE FILE. It will result in closing the current settlement and you will have to start a new one, but your progress is otherwise safe.
- If the corrupted file is "Profile List" and you only created one Profile, click on DELETE FILE. It will clear the Profile List (and rename your only Profile to "Default"), but your progress is otherwise safe.
- If the corrupted file is "World Map Save" or "Meta Progress Save" and the backup doesn't work, please submit a new support ticket.
Submit a new ticket (corrupt World Map Save or Meta Progress Save)
If the corrupted file is "World Map Save" or "Meta Progress Save" and the backup doesn't work:
- Create a new ticket
- Attach the zipped contents of your entire game folder: %userprofile%\appdata\locallow\Eremite Games\Against the Storm
- Please provide any additional information that you think might be relevant.
With such files, it should be easier for us to help!