Please follow the steps below, if you:
- Can't launch the game on Epic Games Store
- Experience a black screen when launching the game on Epic Games Store
- Wait a long time for the game to load
This issue might be related to Epic Online Services, which are linked to the game's achievements system integrated with Epic Games Store.
- Open your Epic Games Store launcher.
- Click on your avatar.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and expand the Against the Storm tab.
- Check the box next to Additional Command Line Arguments.
- Type -EPIC_DISABLED into the empty text field.
- Close the Settings. The game should launch now without problems, but the Epic Social Services overlay will be disabled.
Important: This will disable Epic Online Services in Against the Storm (which causes the issue). It means that the achievements that you unlock won't sync with your Epic Games Store profile for as long as the additional command line is entered. All the achievements you get in the meantime will eventually sync when you launch the game with Epic Online Services enabled.